Let the Son set you free.
Whom the Son sets free, is FREE INDEED(John 8:36). The main theme of the New Testament, and of Jesus’ coming is to reveal God as our Abba, and we are Abba’s children! The realization of SONSHIP sets us free, free indeed.
So often, people are kept in bondage because they believe lies about themselves. When the twelve spies were sent out to spy out the Promised Land, they came back with a total wrong definition of their own identity: “The people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendents of Anak there. We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them” (Numbers 13:28, 33).
I am so sure that was a quote of a total misunderstood self-worth and a low self-esteem expression, because I have heard the voice of what the reality is:
David, when also faced with giants, spoke out the truth-with the voice as a beloved son-in the midst of the intimidating shouting of the giant: “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”(1 Samuel 17:45-47)
Maybe it’s time to stop allowing anyone other than Truth to tell us who we are!
When you are confronted with the truth, the voice of the Beloved Son, you will know that:
1 What you did,
2 what others did to you,
3 what you think about yourself,
4 what others think about you,
5 what you say about yourself,
6 what others say about you
DON’T define you! You are freed from all those above!
2. Behold the Truth.
· As Jesus IS, so are you in this world. (1 John 4:17.) [What is true about the Jesus now, is true about you.]
· Jesus Christ is the last Adam. (1 Corinthians 15:22,45.Romans 5:12-21.) [What has happened to Jesus, has happened to you simultaneously.]
Truth is truth because God said so.
Truth is truth not by popular votes, even if only God believes it, it is still the truth.
Truth is truth before we found it and it was still truth no matter we knew it or not, felt it or not, experienced it or not.
Jesus is the truth, openly displayed. He is the truth about you. Jesus is our for ever high priest and representative.
Jesus is: what God believes about you!
You don’t have another option of definition, there is only one definition of who you are, anything else are either deceptions or voices of the deceived.
God does not have another opinion about you than who Jesus is, Jesus’ life is our life! Now! In order to experience it, we simply need to identify with Him completely (Galatians 2:20 MSG) and take His life personally!
3. Take Off Limitations.
“Our vision (what we believe) controls our perception, and our perception is our reality.” -Dewitt Jones. (My favorite quote last year)
In other words, people have miserable life because they believe they have one.
Happy people are those who agree with what God sees in them.
As it is displayed in Christ, we are containing the fullness of joy in us.
God only sees reality, our hearts:
· To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.Col 1:27.
· But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles.Gal 1:15-16.
God’s image in us is an exact reflection of Jesus’ face. We are accurately designed to display Jesus’ glory and His resurrected, newness of life.
· When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Colossians 3:4.
· When he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2.
· I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. Rom 8:18-23.
· Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them…”Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man.” Gen 9:6
Could it be that, Christ is in us all along?
And that we are one with Him, we are exactly like Him always?
By dying for us as our substitute and as us as our true self (theologically, vicarious man), Jesus justified us and has restored us back to our original design. 2 Corinthians 5:21. Romans 5:18.
The New Creation began not when we pray the sinner’s prayer, it began when Christ was resurrected from the tomb. Ephesians 2:15. 2 Corinthians 5:17.
When we are confronted with this truth, we find out: as human, we have been more subjective than we think, we have been putting up with so many false realities and limitations, and justified them with our feelings or what we see with our eyes. We have been carrying Christ all the time, yet by following the world around us, either ignorance or insecurity is allowed to creep in to make sure we believe in the limitations that the world offers. The exciting GOOD NEWS is that: no more limitations, once we start to see ourselves clearly as who we are in Christ the Mirror!
· Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized. Act 9:18.
· Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory(Jesus is God’s glory, we reflect Christ on earth as we behold Him), are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2Co 3:15-18.
All limitations in our minds will fall off like scales, once we start to embrace our real self-image, which is God’s image and likeness. We have much more in us than we think. Christ-in-us wants to display the fullness of His glory in our human skin, in this age! And our cities and nations are waiting eagerly for us to know that we are sons of Abba, just like Jesus is! The first coming of Jesus reveals that, it is Abba’s decision to restore His image in us back to innocence, which He has already done it; and it is His work to reveal Christ in us from beginning to the fullness(Hebrews 12:2), which is what God(the Holy Spirit) is doing now(John 16:12-14).
There is ONE dictionary that is valid in Heaven and on earth.
No matter how real your negative feelings are, you are not defined by what you feel. Even if you feel rejected, even if you feel like a loser, even if you are full of dissatisfaction and despite about yourself…these feelings don’t define you; you are still a wanted one, a victor, a beloved child… SIMPLY & ONLY because God wants you, He fought for you and won your battles & your wars for you, and He is never angry with you, He likes & delights in you… His decision about you is the same yesterday, today and for ever(Hebrews 13:8). Only what God said in Christ is the only true and legal definition about us! When we behold the Son, we know that we are so eternally accepted, so infinitely loved, so hungrily wanted, so greatly blessed, so brimming life(zoe, G2222, absolute fullness of life (Thayer), in which no death can exist), so filled with love, so full of glory!!
This fundamental, simple truth-which is the main theme of the Bible-will set all man free: “As Jesus is, so are we ON THIS EARTH.”
True freedom is to be free from ego-centricness, true freedom is Christ-centric, Truth-centric, it’s Love-centric.
How to be consistent in this freedom that we experience?
· “His rest is sustained in you by what He sees, knows and says about you in reference to the finished work of Christ. Jesus is what God believes about you…Engage your thoughts with throne room realities.”–Francois Du Toit
The incarnation is continuing in us, let the untamed Lion of Tribe of Judah in you ROAR!